Dear BMCS parents and students:
In the past few weeks and days, we saw the worldwide spread of COVID-19 and the situation is getting more concerning as each day goes by. For the purpose of best protecting our students and communities, and helping to stop the spreading of this deadly virus, we encourage everybody to take defensive actions such as washing hands frequently, avoiding touching your face, seeking medical assistance immediately when having fever, etc…
In addition, the board of BMCS has decided to cancel the on-site Chinese class to Anser Charter School starting immediately (from this Sunday) until end of March (3/31/2010). Please DO NOT come to Anser School for Chinese school during this period. We will ask each Chinese teacher to offer on-line Chinese class using ZOOM software. As a parents, please help your student to set up ZOOM from your computer in advance and prepare to attend the on-line Chinese school at regular class time. Here is the detail:
1) No on-site Chinese School on 3/15 and 3/29 (note there is no Chinese school scheduled on 3/22). Do not go to Anser Charter School for classes. Attend online ZOOM class instead;
2) Go to www. zoom.us and sign up a free account. The sign up can be easily done by following the site’s instruction. If you already has a ZOOM account, you can use it directly;
2) Your Chinese teacher will give you the meeting ID in advance of each class time;
3) At 2 PM on the scheduled school day (3/15, 3/29, no school on 3/22), attend the online class by joining the meeting with the meeting ID your teacher gives you.
4) There is a limitation on the free ZOOM account that each meeting can only be 40 minutes long. As a result, we will have two meeting IDs for each school day.
BMCS will announce whether to extend the on-line class period or take any further action in the near future.
We appreciate everybody’s understanding and help. Please feel free to send questions or concerns to the principal at email@example.com
Principal of Boise Modern Chinese School