Boise Modern Chinese School (BMCS) 2019 Spring Semester will officially start on January 13, 2018. Please read the important student registration information below.
Student registration information
- Registration: please use this form to register: Spring 2019 Spring 2019 BMCS Student Registration Form.pdf. You can fill out the form and bring it to the registration along with the payment. If you missed the registration day, please contact Qi Li (李琦), or principal Ming Li during regular Chinese school time.
- Time: January 13, 2019. Door opens at 1:45PM. Class starts at 2:00PM. Students should report directly to their previous class while parents complete the registration in the Gym.
- Location: Anser Charte School, 202 E 42nd St, Garden City, ID 83714. Please note we are not affiliated with Anser Charter School. We are only renting their facility. Please do not contact Anser regarding BMCS.
- Tuition: $160 for Chinese classes. There are multi-student discounts (10% for 2nd student, 15% for 3rd, etc) and teacher’s discounts (10% for 1st student, 15% for 2nd, etc). Elective class fees are $60 for Dance, $40 for Chess, $35 for Basket Ball, $75 for computer coding, $80 for Mathcounts, and $35 for Soccer. There are no other discounts given. Please see notes in the registration form for details.
- Current Classes: currently the following classes are offered.
Teacher Current Class Progress Xiaona Zhou (周晓娜) Level 1, Volume 1 Yuying Chao (曹玉英） Level 1, Volume 2 Linjing Lv （吕林静） Level 1, Volume 3 Jin Zhu (朱谨） Level 2, Volume 1 Min Wang （王敏） Level 2, Volume 1 Qun Luo (罗群) Level 2, Volume 1 Yan Zhao (赵延） Level 2, Volume 2 Hua Yan (闫华） Level 2, Volume 3 Grace Li (李伟娟） Level 3, Volume 1
- New student: All classes are the continuation of our Fall 2018 classes and no new class is added for this semester. However, new students can be accepted on case-by-case bases. Please bring new students to the school at the time mentioned above and talk to the school principle for student placement. Unless new students have already gone through formal Chinese language training, we strongly recommend that at least one of the student’s parents can speak/understand Chinese since home help is needed for students to complete the homework.
- Chinese class restrictions: Student must register for one Chinese class if he/she wants to register for an elective class.
- Dance class restrictions: Dance class are restricted due to limited resources. Student must be 6 year old or older. If your child has not been officially accepted by the teachers you must contact Yimin Huang (email@example.com) or Cindy Deng (Cindy_c_deng@yahoo.com) before registering your child for the Dance class.
- Soccer class restrictions: Soccer class prefers kids 8-12 years old. Please discuss with the teacher before registering younger students unless he/she is returning student of the same class.
- Coding class requirement: Each student for coding class needs to have a WiFi-enabled laptop available.
- Calendar: please visit 2018-2019 Chinese School Calendar.
- Payment: Only Check is accepted. Please make check payable to BMCS and note your email address on the check. You can write one check for all of the payment in one registration form.
If you have questions or issues with online registration please contact us.
– Principal of Boise Modern Chinese School